Tata Motors announced the launch of the newest member of its EV family – Tiago.ev at introductory prices starting INR 8.49 Lakh (All India – Ex-showroom), for the first 10,000 customers (of which 2,000 will be reserved for the current owners of Nexon EV and Tigor EV).
Bookings for Tiago.ev will start on October 10, 2022. Deliveries are scheduled to commence from January 2023. Customers can reserve their car by paying a booking amount of INR 21, 000. With this launch, TATA Motors is entering 80 new cities with its EVs, expanding its network to more than 165 cities. The company claims there are 45,000 Tata EVs on the road to date in the personal and fleet segments.
– Tiago.ev is available in multiple combinations of IP67-rated battery packs and charging options, including a 24kWh battery pack (long-range variant), delivering a Modified Indian Driving Cycle (MIDC) range of 315km for longer daily driving needs and a 19.2kWh battery pack (medium-range variant) for short and frequent trips, delivering an estimated MIDC range of 250km.
Salient Features of Tiago EV (for the long range version)
– Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor, it delivers a peak output of 55kw and an instant full torque delivery of 114Nm.
– Acceleration from 0 to 60 Kmph in 5.7 seconds.
– Available in five colour options – Teal Blue, Daytona Grey, Pristine White, Midnight Plum and Tropical Mist, the car comes with two driving modes – City and Sport along with four levels of regen settings in each of the drive modes. With level 3 regen settings, it delivers one pedal-like driving experience.
– Tiago.ev is based on Tata Motors’ in-house developed high voltage architecture Ziptron. The Ziptron EV architecture is driven and proven over 500 million kms across diverse and challenging Indian terrains.
– Based on the GNCAP 4-star rated Tiago, the Tiago.ev will be the safest electric hatch on the road. It also offers hill start and descent assist for driving on inclines, DRLs and a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (iTPMS).
– The battery and motor come with 8 years or 160,000 kms warranty. The vehicle warranty is 3 years or 1,25,000 km.
– Tiago.ev comes with 4 different charging solutions:
- A 15A plug point
- A standard 3.3kW AC charger
- A 7.2kW AC home fast charger which can add 35kms range with 30min of charging. It also aids full charging of the vehicle (from 10% – 100%) in 3 hr 36 mins
- DC fast charging, which can add 110kms of range with 30mins of charging and can charge 10%- 80% in just 57 mins
– Connectivity – The ZConnect app will offer 45 connected car features, which include Remote AC ON/OFF with temperature setting, Remote geo-fencing & car location tracking, Smartwatch connectivity, Remote vehicle health diagnostics, Real-time charge status, Dynamic charger locator, Driving Style analytics amongst others. 8-speaker Harman Infotainment System with Android Auto and Apple Car Play connectivity.
– Premium features – Leatherette seats, contrast roof, fully automatic climate control, projector headlamps and cruise control, rain-sensing wipers, auto head lamps, electric ORVMs with auto fold, push button start/stop along with a puncture repair kit.
Subscribe & Stay Informed
Subscribe today for free and stay on top of latest developments in EV domain.