Mahindra & Mahindra, India’s leading SUV manufacturer, took the wraps off the fun and fast XUV400 electric SUV on the eve of World EV Day, for personal car buyers looking to embrace the future. Part of the Mahindra EV iconic brand XUV recently announced in the UK, the XUV400 is the first EV from Mahindra to feature the twin peaks logo with a satin copper finish.
Built in collaboration with global partners from South Korea, the XUV400 leverages their strengths across various segments – an advanced tech eco-system for speed and expertise – including calibration, system integration and vehicle validation. Powered by global technology leaders, the XUV400 comes equipped with high-precision micro controllers for critical parts such as smart vehicle control unit and battery management system with highest level of safety compliance according to global standards.
About Mahindra electric SUV – XUV400
- First Indian make passenger vehicle with fastest acceleration in the non-luxury segment; 0-100 kmph in a mere 8.3 seconds and a top speed of 150 kmph
- Widest C-segment e-SUV with unmissable road presence, class-leading features and roomy cabin; 1821 mm width, 2600 mm wheelbase, 4200 mm overall length
- Range of 456 km on a single full-charge as per Indian driving cycle (MIDC)
- Drive modes with unique combination of steering, throttle and regen response –Fun, Fast, Fearless
- Comes with dust and waterproof battery pack, which meets IP67 standards
- Best-in-class boot space of 378 litres/418 litres (up to the roof)
- Comes equipped with BlueSense Plus mobile app with 60+ class-leading connectivity features with smartwatch connectivity
- Available in five exciting colours: Arctic Blue, Everest White, Galaxy Grey, NapoliBlack and Infinity Blue with dual-tone roof option in Satin Copper finish
- “XUV400 Fun Fest” for customers across 16 key cities from November 2022
- Test drives will begin in December 2022 across 16 cities
- Ex-showroom prices will be communicated in January 2023
- Bookings to commence from January 2023
- Product to be launched across 16 cities viz. Mumbai, Hyderabad, Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Goa, Jaipur, Surat, Nagpur, Trivandrum, Nashik, Chandigarh, Kochi in Phase 1
- Deliveries to begin by the end of January 2023
On the reveal of Mahindra’s first electric SUV, Veejay Nakra, President, Automotive Division, M&M Ltd. said, “The Mahindra Group is committed to becoming Carbon Neutral by 2040 and our EV game plan is at the core of this mission. We are doing our part against climate change with the unveil of the All-Electric Mahindra XUV400, a fun-to-drive, generously sized SUV boasting excellent interior room for our discerning customers. The market too is extremely receptive for a clean, enjoyable and capable vehicle, and we foresee stupendous growth in the category. The XUV400’s class-leading acceleration delivers an adrenaline rush, while its exceptional range offers anxiety-free drives. On the eve of the World EV Day 2022, we are proud to present to India’s young trendsetters the fun and fast XUV400.”
Speaking on the development of the XUV400 e-SUV, R. Velusamy, President, Automotive Technology and Product Development, M&M Ltd. said, “We started the development of the XUV400 by leveraging Mahindra’s R&D capability with teams spread across Bengaluru, Pune, and Chennai. We have tested the vehicle globally under extreme weather conditions along with testing of its fast-charging compatibility (CCS) in multiple geographies to ensure seamless experience for our customers. The XUV400 is based on our hugely successful XUV300 platform, which has been engineered to ensure every drive is safe, while delivering authentic SUV attributes. Combined with BlueSense Plus app for control of vehicle functions and status on mobile application, the XUV400 is a fun, peppy and stylish e-SUV for all those who are future-ready.”
Subscribe & Stay Informed
Subscribe today for free and stay on top of latest developments in EV domain.