Mahindra & Mahindra, India’s leading SUV manufacturer, unveiled its new state-of-the-art INGLO EV platform and five e-SUVs under two EV brands showcasing its vision for the future of electric mobility.
Mahindra unveiled two new brands, created specifically to house the company’s EV portfolio – Iconic brand XUV with the Twin Peak logo in Copper and the all-new electric-only brand called BE.
The iconic brand XUV will host a range of products. With a sophisticated futuristic design, pulsating performance and dynamic innovation, it is targeted at customers who have the passion to live a life beyond boundaries while making a difference.
The bold, evocative and exhilarating BE brand, with its audacious new design language, will target customers who want to define their life’s journey their own way while making a difference: A brand that will let customers be who they want to be.
The five SUVs launched under these two brand names to be launched between 2024 and 2026 –
- XUV.e8 – Launch: December 2024 ; Based on INGLO Platform ; Dimensions: L x W x H: 4740 x 1900 x 1760 mm | Wheelbase 2762 mm ; a combination of sheer performance, best-in-class technology and safety. The intelligent all-wheel drive system along with sophisticated cabin, offers supreme ride comfort both on and off the road.
- XUV.e9 – Launch: April 2025 ; Based on INGLO Platform ; Dimensions: L x W x H: 4790 x 1905 x 1690 mm | Wheelbase 2775 mm ; a fearlessly modern design with the strengths of an authentic SUV combined with the aerodynamic silhouette of a coupe. Intelligent interiors, with a view to indulge through its panoramic sky roof that warrants every bit of attention it demands.
- BE.05 – Launch: October 2025 ; Based on INGLO Platform ; Dimensions: L x W x H: 4370 x 1900 x 1635 mm | Wheelbase 2775 mm ; a true standout, with a taste for life to explore the impossible. It is a Sports Electric Vehicle (SEV) in the truest sense, making it a category in itself. A racing inspired bold design complemented seamlessly by multi-sensory experiences.
- BE.07 – Launch: October 2026 ; Based on INGLO Platform ; Dimensions: L x W x H: 4565 x 1900 x 1660 mm | Wheelbase 2775 mm ; a family space, designed to offer a first-class experience, with versatility, configurable profiles and curated multi-sensory experiences.
- BE.09 – Launch: To be announced ; Based on INGLO platform ; A head turning SUV grand tourer with a chiseled design, dynamic roof and solid stance. Allowing four passengers a first-class experience.
Breaking new ground, these all-new e-SUVs will create an electrifying presence, both on the road and off it, while retaining the Mahindra core SUV heritage.
The INGLO platform encapsulates progressive battery technology, platform architecture, brain power and human-machine interface. The name also symbolizes the flow and exchange of energy and emotion, a GLO of well-being, and a system that brings complete harmony.
INGLO offers class-leading safety standards, exhilarating performance, excellent range and efficiency, exemplary driving dynamics, versatility and intelligent HMI. INGLO also delivers a multi-sensorial driving experience with a futuristic, augmented reality-enabled heads-up display, edge-to-edge screen, 5G network capability and Over-The-Air updates that will keep the EVs as good as new.
Dr Anish Shah, Managing Director & CEO, Mahindra Group, said, “We are proud and delighted to showcase our Born Electric vision. It provides a strategic direction that is in line with our core philosophy of ‘Rise’ – to be an organisation that will be counted among the best in the world and at the same time rise for our planet to fight against climate change. Mahindra will offer customers future-ready technology, head-turning design, world-class products and the benefits of global partnerships. By 2027, we expect that a quarter of the SUVs we sell will be electric.”
Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director – Auto and Farm Sectors, Mahindra & Mahindra, said, “Our vision of Born Electric is underpinned by the future-ready INGLO platform, two new exciting brands and the Heartcore design philosophy. The five electric SUVs provide a powerful glimpse of our strategic direction and hews to the Mahindra attitude of a racing spirit and the attitude of adventure. We aim to not only electrify the roads but also the hearts and minds of SUV aficionados in India and around the world.”
Subscribe & Stay Informed
Subscribe today for free and stay on top of latest developments in EV domain.