Purpose of the Job
To manage design, development and implementation of Test platform configurations for validation needs.
Position in the Organisation
Hierarchical manager: RS Trainlab Manager
Network & Links
Train Validation Engineer (TVE)
Train System Engineer (TSE)
Train Control Engineer (TCE)
Train Design Engineer (TDE)
Train Electrical Engineer (TEE)
Validation and Test Engineer (VTE)
Software Development Engineer (SDE)
Quality of his/her delivery (included sub-contractor delivery)
100% on time delivery
Level of application of standard Methodologies and Processes:
Continuous improvement or Return on Experience (RoE) management from previous projects:
- To define the Test platform architecture required for validation needs
- To coordinate the development and validation of Train Electrical schematic models, Train subsystem models etc.
- To prepare TrainLab configuration with Hardware in Loop (HIL) , Software in Loop (SwIL) or Model in Loop (MIL) approach
- To Validate TrainLab configuration
- To coordinate Hardware development of Test platforms – Integration and Network Configuration
- To coordinate the Implementation of Automation Tools with Python, NI Test stand etc.
- To implement Configuration Management and documentation management,
- To prepare planning documentation and manage projects
Knowledge & Experience
Educational Requirements: – B.E/B.Tech. or M.E/MTech – Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical/Instrumentation/Aerospace etc
Technical Knowledge / Experience
- Experience (Min 3 years) in the development of Test platforms with Hardware-in Loop (HIL), Software-in Loop (SwIL) methodologies, System modelling and Simulation expertise, Test Automation.
- Experience in Design,Architecture development,Testing and Commissioning of Test Racks including Network Trouble shooting.
- Experience in any communication protocols (MVB, Ethernet, CAN etc.) will be an added advantage
- Skill set – Matlab/Simulink, Labview, Control Build, NI Test stand,Python,C/C++ etc.