As announced at CES 2023 in Las Vegas, our tiny form factor family keeps growing: the 22.86 x 22.86 mm Nicla range now includes Nicla Voice, allowing for easy implementation of always-on speech recognition on the edge.
1. The impressive sensor package. Nicla Voice comes with a full set of sensors: microphone, smart 6-axis motion sensor and magnetometer – so it can not only listen to you, your machines, the environment around it, but also recognize gestures, vibrations and other movements.
2. The high-performance AI brains. Nicla Voice runs audio inputs through the powerful Syntiant NDP120 Neural Decision processor, which mimics human neural pathways to run multiple AI algorithms and automate complex tasks. In other words, it hears different events and keywords simultaneously, and is capable of understanding and learning what sounds mean.
3. The easy connectivity features. It connects to existing devices thanks to onboard Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity.
4. The effortless integration with custom boards. Thanks to its headers and castellated pins, Nicla Voice is ready to go from prototype to industrial-scale production, fitting right into any custom carrier board you develop.
5. The Edge Impulse compatibility. In line with our mission to make complex technologies accessible to all, Nicla Voice is compatible with Edge Impulse, the leading development platform for machine learning on edge devices.
6. The minimal power needs. And last but absolutely not least, it is so ultra-low power it can be the brain of always-on – and even battery-operated – solutions. No need to run dedicated power lines, no switches or interfaces to activate the system. It’s ready to listen, 24/7, anywhere you want to install it.
Speechless? We’re sure you’ll find your voice soon. With Nicla Voice’s ready-to-use combination of sensors and processing power, you can prototype and develop new solutions that leverage voice detection and voice recognition, or interpret any other audio input – from machines that need maintenance to water dripping, and from glass breaking to alarms that must get through headphones’ noise-canceling features. We can’t wait to hear what you’ll create with it!
Need to hear a pin drop? Nicla Voice is all ears.